Learn About Grad School
Considering a career in the social impact sector? Grad school might be your way forward. But it’s not for everyone. The articles here offer advice and insights on how to explore your educational options, whether grad school is right for you, how to finance your education, and much more.
Below you’ll find links to the thematic groups of articles. Don’t forget to check Idealist Careers to learn how make your education lead to your dream job.
- Good Reasons for Going to Grad School
- Bad Reasons for Going to Grad School
- Considering Grad School Because You Don’t Know What to Do With Your Life? Reconsider.
- Are You Ready For The Lifestyle Changes?
- Improve Your Chance of Getting Into Grad School as an Undergrad
- What If My Undergraduate Degree is Unrelated to What I Want to Study in Grad School?
- The Grad School Campus Visit
- Building Relationships and Networking to Get Into Grad School
- Community Psychology
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
- International Affairs
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Health
- Public Interest Law
- Theology and Religion
- Going to Grad School Full-Time
- Going to Grad School Part-Time
- Joint-Degree Programs: An Overview
- The Difference Between a Masters and a Doctorate
- Working Full-Time and Studying Full-Time: Is It Possible?
- American Citizens Living Abroad While Applying to Grad School in the U.S.
- For Americans, the Benefits of Attending Grad School Abroad
- Challenges of Earning a Grad Degree Abroad
- A 12 Month Timeline for Applying to Grad School
- Where to Apply for Grad School
- Conducting Informational Interviews
- Preparing to Fill Out Your Grad School Application
- Filling Out Your Grad School Application Forms
- Taking the GRE and Other Grad School Admission Tests
- Preparing for the Grad School Admissions Interview
- The Importance of Sharing Your Story with the Admissions Team
- Grad School Financial Aid 101
- Are You Financially Ready for Grad School?
- Leveraging State Residency Tuition Breaks
- Building Good Credit for Grad School
- Finding the Best Grad School Scholarship Options
- Grad School Loan Strategy
- Navigating Student Loan Options for Grad School
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness and Income-Based Repayment
- Finding Grad School Campus Jobs
- Reasons to Wait Before Applying to Grad School
- Have a Plan B if Your Grad School Plan Doesn’t Work Out
- Going to Grad School as a Current or Former Service Program Member
- What To Do If You Don’t Get Into Grad School
- What To Do If You’re Waitlisted From Grad School
- Certification as an Alternative to (or Part of) Grad School
- Individual College and University Courses Instead of Grad School
- Professional Development Instead of Grad School